Translate

Kaffein Online Magazine Issue 7: Kreative Kulture

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Thanda Indaba: Silas Lekgoathi












      1.     Please give us a brief story of your childhood and how you found
yourself at Design indaba?

My childhood is a mix between township upbringings that were one day flipped on the head in exchange for a suburban adolescent phase. I suppose that's what might have led to my ability to connect with all types of individuals from different backgrounds and it’s probably why I have been asked to come on board and engage with the masses with Design Indaba.


      2.     What is the weirdest advice you received to calm your nerves for

I'm good with individuals but I can be strange around large numbers. I approached a comedian friend of mine after one of his shows for advice and his bit was to just speak as though you are speaking to a close group of friends.  People will only engage with you comfortably if you reciprocate that and they feel that energy from you. I suppose I’ll just smile laugh and talk to my friends. Who knows by the end of the night I may just walk away with a group of genuine friends. There's an upside.

      3.      What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?

I hope to meet the kind of minds and people that can help me achieve my goals and desires. If there's any possibility to explore different places and meet new individuals well then I can’t complain.


      4.      Can you describe your approach as a mc, how do you prepare?

Engage with people as often as possible.  Let them see your character because after all that’s what you're selling. Your ability to captivate an audience. Go out and meet folks and test your strengths.

 

       5.     What else is are you known for?

Apart from being a Mc I'm also an Illustrator, voice actor I also write for a wine magazine and on the odd occasion I model.

      6.     Where to after the Design Indaba? Sao Paulo  Brazil  :)

      Silas will be the MC at Converse presents: Design indaba music circuit 2014 on the 26th of February. See and hear his work on behance

Written by: Lethabo Ngakane

Twitter: @lambisking


No comments:

Post a Comment