Translate

Kaffein Online Magazine Issue 7: Kreative Kulture

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Thanda Indaba: Sphiwe Giba



      1.       In short tell us about your upbringing and how you got into illustrating?
      I was born in the east rand. One of the cleanest locations called Wattville lol. I've always been interested in drawing and I used to make extra cash in the biology class by drawing figures, human and animal anatomy. 


 2.       What’s your work process?
       My work process starts with the question ( what's the problem and how we going to solve it ) 

                                          
                                         

       3.       How would you describe your style and what inspires it?
      My style is quite simple yet conceptual. I think simplicity is key. The people who inspire me are a good friend of mine and mentor Alfred Hilton, also john mcfaul. 
        
                                             
  
      4.       If you weren’t designing you would be? And why?
       Lol, maybe a gardener. I used to be a gardener for a living.



     5.       What was the first thing you did when you got the thumbs up to showcase at design indaba
     I was over the moon and shocked as well. 


     6.       What can an opportunity like this do for you?
     Design indaba will open even more opportunities for me.


Written by: Lethabo Ngakane

Twitter: @lambisking


No comments:

Post a Comment