Translate

Kaffein Online Magazine Issue 7: Kreative Kulture

Monday 12 September 2011

Letter from the Founder

Welcome to the Kaffein Online Magazine blog, a portal where you will be occasionally updated on what is going on in South Africa's new wave of budding creatives.

I remember one of my college lecturers emphasising that we are living in the information age, "what the f*** is that?" I thought to myself as I snapped back from a stoner's paradise (a dream land of exotic women swimming in a pool of freshly squeezed orange juice, each sworn into oath to cater for my every desire), I could have sworn he was a mind reader as he paused for a brief moment, scanned across the entire class of about 32 students and locked his eyes on me,his target and exclaimed "THAT! my friend means we live in a time where people require to be informed instantaneously on current events..." At that time the internet was something I used purely for last minute research and picking up retarded chicks on facebook, little did I know that a whole new world of opportunities, entertainment and education existed here, a world not guided by rules, a world where anybody could be somebody. After years of socializing and exploring different sub cultures and cultures alike it hit me like Danny Williams' right hook that dismantled the machine once known as IRON Mike in '04, that our readers don't know what Kaffein Online Magazine has been up to, what other local Creators have been creating and what the pushers have been pushing and so the idea of a blog was naturally a solution to this problem, a solution that will regularly inform, entertain and conveniently interact with our readers all across South Africa and beyond our boarders.

I bet most of you are thinking "well that’s a bit of a delayed reaction Mr. FOUNDER of an online magazine"...I’m sitting here in front of the screen thinking "who gives a shit? I’m glad we finally did it...by the way a black label ice-cream float would be nice"

Sincerely 

Lethabo Ngakane

The Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment