Translate

Kaffein Online Magazine Issue 7: Kreative Kulture

Friday 25 April 2014

TSA - Music Over Matter EP




1.   How did the idea of the Music over Matter EP come about?

It was taken from the idea of ‘Mind Over Matter’ which is basically the use of willpower to overcome physical/tangible problems. So music is therapeutic for me as I use it as an outlet to blow off steam. Music is a skill that’s been lingering in me so the MOMEP is me exploring that side of me and I’m determined to make it happen no matter what. That’s Music over Matter.

2.    How did you prepare and how long did it take to complete it?

The song that started it all was ‘Music Matters’ which features one of my good friends Lefa and produced by Gama Rayz. It pretty much determined the tone of the project and it gives you an idea of where my head is at in terms of what I’m trying to do as an artist. I started working on the EP last year in December and recorded the last song this month.

3.   What's the story behind the EP?

Music has always been a big part of my life so this EP is me celebrating that. I don’t really like talking much so I use it as my personal therapist because I can get through a lot of things good or bad by indulging in my favourite music.

4.   Now that the EP is complete how are you feeling about the potential feedback?

I like how “potential” is the operative word here. TSA is not used to feedback, we've at least handed out over 200 discs in 2013 and no feedback was received. This distribution process has always been about creating awareness other than potential feedback.

5.  Years from now what do you think you would say to the current you,   
     regarding making music?
     
     Yo you was good back then but you’re even better now.’ – I just want to keep improving     
     because I’m only as good as my previous song/performance.

5.   Which track do you think will stick out from the rest?

Uhm, damn that’s a tough one. I think it will have to be “Cultivation” which was produced by TruHitz and co-produced by myself. It sums up the whole project and the beat has a sample from “Amantombazane” by Riky Rick. Shout out to him for giving me the clearance.





6.    When and where will people be able to get ahold of the EP?
      
       It will be available for download online on www.facebook.com/tsanobodyelse and on my    
       twitter @TSANobodyElse.

      Check out  


TSA Presents Nobody Else: Behind the Music - Part 1





No comments:

Post a Comment