Translate

Kaffein Online Magazine Issue 7: Kreative Kulture

Friday 22 November 2013

Instant Kaffein



Boogie Two Point Owe is a South African Beat maker who has recently moved to the city of Stuttgart in Germany. Boogie is renowned for his jazzy/ Hip-hop based beats which have lead him to some defining musical collaborations in Cape Town. Recently Boogie challenged himself to complete 10 beats in 10 days. We tracked him down to find out more about his ambitious attempt to push his creative boundaries.



What are your views on the Cape Town hustle?

It’s all cliques, crews. A lot of “If you not part of us, we don’t fuck with you and if you cool enough we fuck with you” mentality. It’s turning into Jozi.

Hasn't it always been the case in Cape Town?

I guess so but maybe I just turned a blind eye.

So what inspired the 10 beats in 10 days?

Someone said I couldn’t do it, and if I do it then not all beats will be dope. So I am showing them that I am the TWO POINT OWE and I can do it.

So what’s the biggest challenge you have faced in making this happen?

Not having enough sleep and after a while your creativity comes into question. You start to wonder
If you are creative enough, and how dope the beats are? Or if it’s just another random beat?

So where do you then draw your inspiration from?

Negativity... I think about those who think I'll fail and then I keep ‘em close to me and then someone else will show me some positivity which then amps me up to do even more.
A comment is all I need,"nice beat boogie".

So you in Germany now? What's it looking like out there in terms of your beat making career.

I don’t know yet, I don’t know anyone here. I’m still looking to meet people I can work with.

Yea but people don't show love. People are afraid to seem like dick riders.

I know, so they’d rather hate.


Listen to all 10 beats here

No comments:

Post a Comment